The application procedure for Erasmus+ mobility for students, teachers and administrative staff for the academic year 2020/2021 is officially open. For further details please check Mobility.
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION
Institution: Polytechnic of Rijeka, Rijeka, Croatia
Erasmus code of the institution: HR RIJEKA02
Subject area code (ISCED): 0311 - Economics, 041 - Business and administration, 1015 - Travel, tourism and leasure, 061 - ICTs, 081 - Agriculture, 1022 - Occupational health and safety, 1032 - Protection of persons and property, 104 - Transport services
The Polytechnic of Rijeka has recognized the importance of internationalization of higher education and, therefore, it carries out the following activities:
- developing international cooperation with partner institutions in Europe and the world
- encouraging mobility of students, teachers and non-teaching staff (Erasmus+ and CEEPUS programs).
In order to enable a higher quality of college education, work and training for teaching and non-teaching staff, the Polytechnic of Rijeka entered the Erasmus mobility program in 2009. The Erasmus program enables students, teaching and non-teaching staff of the Polytechnic of Rijeka to visit one of the countries members of the European Union in order to learn, teach or attend professional training.
The exchange of teaching and non-teaching staff ensures multifold positive outcomes, for instance, the Erasmus+ program served as a basis for developing new study programs. The Polytechnic of Rijeka in cooperation with its bilateral partner from Germany, TH Wildau from Berlin, developed and founded the undergraduate professional study program of Telematics.
The Polytechnic of Rijeka has signed more than thirty Erasmus Bilateral Agreements with partners from different European countries. Students from European institutions of higher education, who have signed the Erasmus Bilateral Agreement with the Polytechnic of Rijeka, may spend one or two semesters studying at our Polytechnic.
The Polytechnic of Rijeka is taking part in seven CEEPUS Networks:
- CIII-BA-1402-01 - New teaching technologies and new applications in modernization of teaching at the Faculties of Technical Sciences in connection with the needs of small and medium enterprises in the environment
- CIII-BG-1103-04 - Modelling, Simulation and Computer-aided Design in Engineering and Management
- CIII-BG-0722-08 - Computer Aided Design of automated systems for assembling
- CIII-SK-0044-14 - Applied Economics and Management
- CIII-HU-0028-12 - Active Methods in Teaching and Learning Mathematics and Informatics
- CIII-RS-0065-14 - Intelligent Automation for Competitive Advantage
- CIII-SK-0405-11 - Renewable energy sources (network status: Umbrella)
There are two types of mobility: mobility inside CEEPUS networks (network mobility) and mobility outside CEEPUS networks (freemovers). Mobility within the networks is a priority.
CEEPUS teachers are obligated to carry a workload of at least 6 teaching or supervising hours a week (i.e. a stay of 5 workdays) at the host institution.
DURATION OF STAFF MOBILITY: min. 5 days - max. 30 days.
Period of mobility visit: Staff Mobility for Teaching can be carried out only during the lecture period at the Polytechnic (Veleri academic calendar).
NATIONAL HOLIDAYS IN CROATIA:
Polytechnic of Rijeka ensures equal opportunities to participants from all backgrounds, paying particular attention to the inclusion of those with fewer opportunities. It does not allow any discrimination based on sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Important information on studying and living in Croatia you can find here: STUDY IN CROATIA.